HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR HUMBLE NATURE FURNITURE
Sturdy and snug, protective covers (sold separately) are highly recommended to protect furniture from wear and weather and help your furniture last. furniture, cushions, and covers should be clean and dry before covering furniture.
Avoid letting waters stand on the surface of furniture and cushions.
Place hot items away from the surface. To avoid smudges and stains, use coasters under hot beverages and placemats or trivets under hot things.
Preventing risk of damage or serious injury, avoid to seat on dining tables, side tables and coffee tables. As strong and rich as it is, wood remains an organic resource. Graining and color may differ between pieces.
MAINTENANCE AND CARE
The following steps are simple and easy to do. They are also very beneficial to the overall appearance and durability of your fine Humble Nature products. Please ensure that these guidelines are properly followed, and done in due time, at least once a year.
- First, remove surface dirt. Inspect the exterior of your furniture for failing caulk or cracked, peeled or bubbled paint, which can cause the naked wood to be exposed to the elements, and damage it.
- To remove superficial surface dirt from painted wood exteriors, wash with water and a microfibre cloth. The cloth can be damp, but not wet, as this could damage the wood. A soft brush works well to remove any build-up in cracks and crevasses.
- For heavier accumulations, use an approved cleaning solution such as a mild dish detergent. Do not apply directly to the wood, but rather on a microfibre cloth.
- Rinse off detergent solutions or cleaners with clean water, as these products can damage the finish if they are not removed.
- Grease or oily substances may require stronger cleaning compounds. Avoid solvents or abrasive cleaners. Avoid using strong detergents, ammonia, chemicals, or other harsh cleaning substances on finished exterior surfaces. They can also cause severe damage to the wood.
- Never use power equipment, such as high-pressure washers or sandblasting machines, to clean your Humble Nature furniture. This can damage your products.
- Use specialty maintenance products recommended by Humble Nature, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- To prevent the growth of mould and mildew, cushions should be removed whenever feasible before covering the frames for more than a few days.
- In order to ensure that all water drains, turn wet cushions on their side with the zipper facing down and unzipped.
- Professional upholstery cleaning recommended.
Humble Nature uses premium fabrics from world-renowned makers. Since no two fibres are the same, please refer to the corresponding manufacturer’s care instructions, listed below.
C&C Milano Perennials Inside Out
MOVING YOUR FURNITURE SAFELY
When the urge or need to move your Humble Nature furniture, whether it’s across the floor, up and down the stairs, or to and from a vehicle, it’s important to follow a few steps.
- First, you should clear a path to avoid turning objects into obstacles. Even a small rug can become a slippery hazard. As well, flowerpots and floor lamps are often inclined to tilting.
- Consider using furniture sliders, gliders, or casters. Not only will they greatly help gliding your furniture without having to completely lift it, but they will also protect your floors from potentially disastrous scratches.
- Don’t do it alone. Have at least one person assisted you: not only will it make it easier to evenly spread the weight, but in case of discomfort or injury, the other person will be of invaluable help. The first precaution remains to not overestimate your strength or underestimate the weight and bulk of the object to be moved.
- When moving any object, there are some universal tips to follow, such as lifting with your knees, not with your back, not overextend the distance covered in a single lift, and always be aware of your surroundings.
Please keep in mind that no amount of precautions can totally protect you from harm. As such, the guidelines should not be construed as safety guarantees, and Humble Nature and affiliated cannot be held responsible for any potential strains, injuries, discomfort, or prejudice.